Cumin flavored vegetable Pulao is one of the most popular dishes to be served in Indian households. Vegetable Pulao cooked using premium quality basmati rice is certainly a tempting inclusion in the menu with its sweet smelling aroma and mouth watering taste.
|JRMT Suhana 1121 basmati rice||1 ¼ cups|
|Spinach||2 medium sized bundles|
|Oil||1 ½ tspns|
|Cumin seeds||1 tspn|
|Frozen corn kernels||¾ cup|
|Cinnamon||1 inch piece|
|Lemon juice||1 tblspn|
- Pick and wash JRMT Suhana 1121 basmati rice in plenty of water and then soak in sufficient water for half an hour.
- Clean and thoroughly wash and chop spinach. Thaw frozen corn kernels till they are soft.
- Peel, wash, and finely chop ginger and garlic. Wash green chillies, remove stem and then slit them into two.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan, add cumin seeds and when they start to change colour, add bay leaf,cloves, pepper corns, green cardamom, black cardamom, cinnamon and macce. Stir fry briefly.
- Add chopped ginger, garlic and slit green chillies. Cook on medium heat for a minute.
- Add corn kernels and continue cooking for two to three minutes. Drain and add Golden Grain basmati rice, stir gently for about a minute.
- Add two and a half cup of water, add salt to taste. Bring to a boil, add chopped spinach and mix well. Cook on high heat, stirring gently but continuously.
- When water is almost absorbed, add lemon juice and lower the heat. Cover the pan and continue cooking for about five to seven minutes or till the rice is completely cooked.
The nutritional value of Soya chunks and a variety of vegetables put in this Pulao promotes healthy eating. The sweet fragrance, rich colour, texture, aroma and exotic taste of Silver Grain Basmati rice would surely make cooking and dining a pleasure.
|JRMT Aria 1121 Sella basmati rice||1 1/3 cup|
|Ginger||1 inch knob|
|Fresh coriander leaves||¼ cup|
|Soya chunks||1 ½ cups|
|Cumin seeds||1 tspn|
|Coriander powder||2 tspn|
|Red chilli powder||1 tspn|
|Turmeric powder||1 tspn|
|Garam masala||1 tspn|
- Pick and wash JRMT Aria 1121 Sella basmati rice in plenty of water and soak in sufficient water for half an hour.
- Peel and chop onion and ginger. Wash and chop tomatoes. Clean, wash and finely chop fresh coriander leaves.
- Soak soya chunks in hike-warm water for fifteen minutes. Squeeze to remove excess water and cut each piece into two.
- Heat oil in a thick-bottomed pan, add cumin seeds and let them crackle. Add chopped onion and saute for two minutes. Cook on medium heat, stirring continuously till onions turns brown.
- Add coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and chopped tomatoes. Continue cooking on medium heat for three to four minutes or until tomatoes are cooked.
- Add soya chunks, Aria 1121 Sella basmati rice and chopped fresh coriander leaves and stir gently for a minute. Stir in three cups of water, garam masala powder salt to taste and bring it to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover the pan and simmer till all the water has been absorbed and rice is cooked. Serve hot.
The authentic Indian basmati rice, which has a unique nutty flavor is used in cooking a wide variety of rice dishes. Navratan Pulao with its aromatic flavor and mouth watering taste is a royal dish, which is heavily garnished with cashewnuts, almonds and sultanas.
|Khatereh Sella Basmati Rice||250 gms|
|Green colour||6 drops (dissolved in 1 tsp water)|
|Red colour||4 drops (dissolved in 1 tsp water)|
|Egg white||60 gms (boiled and chopped)|
|Tomatoes||60 gms (diced)|
|Green chillies||2 (finely chopped)|
|Coriander leaves||1 tsp|
|Onions||60 gms (sliced)|
- Wash and soak Khatereh Sella Basmati Rice .
- Heat the ghee, add the onions and garlic and fry till done.
- Add whole spices, salt, green chillies, cumin seeds and ginger and saute.
- Add the Khatereh Sella Basmati Rice rice and water and cook till tender.
- Divide the cooked Khatereh Sella Basmati Rice into three equal parts.
- To the first part, add the green colour, peas and ciander leaves and mix.
- To the second part, add the red colour and diced tomatoes and mix well.
- To the third, add only chopped egg white or fried paneer cubes.
- Set them in a dish keeping three separate heaps. Garnish with cashwnuts, almonds, sultanas. (The arrangement can be varied by making three different layers of one colour each).